ADVISING BUSINESSES & ASSISTING ENTREPRENEURS
Deciding how to protect your business or create a new entity can be overwhelming. Let us help your business be successful. We want to make you feel confident about the decisions you are making. We have extensive experience representing both small and medium-size businesses and are passionate about helping entrepreneurs that are just getting started. Your success is what drives us.
We assist clients with the following:
- Business formation and building your business. We have assisted scores of individuals form and grow their business – many have experienced great economic success. We pride ourselves on assisting our clients with:
- Choosing the right business entity (LLC, S-Corp, C-Corp or Partnership);
- Creating your business entity and drafting formation documents;
- Managing vendor relationships and forming vendor contracts;
- Trademark and copyright registration;
- Day-to-day business advice;
- Managing employment matters;
- Deciding when and how to sell a mature business; and
- Transitioning a business to the next generation.
- Mergers and Acquisitions. We have extensive experience working with companies and individuals to:
- Sell an existing business;
- Purchase a business; and
- Merge existing or newly acquired businesses into an established business.
- Business Disputes. We know and understand the stress and frustration that accompanies business disputes. We are adept at navigating and if necessary litigating disputes involving:
- Partners and partnerships;
- Corporations, LLC’s, Shareholders and Members;
- Managers, directors and officers; and
- Business Dissolutions.
We are dedicated to protecting your rights when a medical error, a professional error, a defective product or an accident has caused significant injury or death, When you hire us, we handle your case with proper care and concern so you can focus on your life and your recovery. We believe our core set of values helps us to achieve the best outcome for you.
- Medical Malpractice. We have obtained terrific results for clients. Here are a few examples of medical malpractice cases we have successfully handled:
- $933,835 Jury Verdict where orthopedic surgeon performed unnecessary and negligent surgeries – Bockholt v. Sosan, Yankton County South Dakota Circuit Court;
- $600,000 settlement for failure to diagnose and treat infection;
- $450,000 settlement for failure to diagnose heart attack;
- $193,000 settlement for medication overdose/error; and
- Significant settlements for hospital falls.
- Current and pending cases include:
- Death from complications involving plastic surgery;
- Negligent rotator cuff repair;
- Bowel perforation during hysterectomy;
- Severing ureter during colon surgery and failed repair of ureter;
- Hospital falls; and
- Violation of patient privacy.
- Dental, Legal and Professional Malpractice – we have obtained similar results for clients who were harmed by the negligence of dentists, lawyers and other professionals.
- Personal Injury, Defective Products & Wrongful Death – we have achieved results for clients harmed in car accidents, by defective products and by the negligent actions of other individuals, including:
- $2 Million wrongful death verdict – Simonian v. Gertz, Hennepin County District Court;
- Dalkon Shield Litigation – we represented several hundred women who were injured by defective intrauterine devices;
- Breast Implant Litigation – we represented several hundred women against multiple manufacturers of defective implant products; and
- Numerous clients who have sustained serious injury or death from motor vehicle accidents.
- Syngenta Litigation – we represent hundreds of farmers and producers in their claims for damages against the seed and agro-chemical giant, Syngenta AG for that company’s introduction of a non-approved GMO product into international corn markets. See our Syngenta page for more information on this important and pending lawsuit.
As experienced Minnesota real estate attorneys, we represent buyers, sellers and financial institutions from drafting a Minnesota Purchase and Sales Agreement through obtaining the final Title Insurance Policy. We pay attention to the ever-changing complexities of the law so you can benefit from our guidance. We have considerable experience handle the following:
- Residential and commercial purchase agreements, closings and settlements;
- Loans, re-financing and reverse mortgages;
- Review of title opinions and deed preparation;
- Property line disputes; and
- Partition actions.
One of the most important decisions you will make is how to share the bounty you have created during your life with those you love. We truly enjoy sitting down with clients to help them make the best plan possible to preserves assets, be wise about taxes and passes assets to the next generation.
We have many years of experience advising clients and will walk you through the process in a manner that is respectful and efficient, including:
- Helping you decide which is better for you, a will or a trust;
- Drafting your will or trust agreement;
- Helping you choose the right guardian for children or personal representative for your estate;
- Creating Power of Attorney documents and Health Care Directives; AND
- Guardianships and conservatorships – assisting you in creating a guardianship or conservatorship for family members or loved ones who can no longer make financial or personal decisions for themselves.
- Transferring oil and mineral rights.
Probate process: Let us help. The death of a loved one is an emotional experience, and may include dividing assets among numerous heirs in addition to an overabundance of other arrangements to be made. We will help guide you through this time with comfort and compassion. Let us handle legalities so you can focus on your family during this very sensitive time.
Probate and Trust Disputes – we have represented many individuals who have been wrongfully excluded from a will or trust. Probate and trust disputes can be unsettling and exasperating. With our experience, we can guide you through decisions about whether to bring an action and how to resolve disputes with the least amount of problems.
Dealing with harassing co-workers and managers or an unwarranted termination can be a traumatic, especially when you have dedicated a large portion of your life to your employer. We have a broad range of experience dealing with employment issues and have successfully settled numerous cases including:
- Failure to hire because of disability;
- Wrongful termination because of age, gender, pregnancy or racial discrimination including:
- Oil field workers who were harassed because of their race;
- Public employees (federal, city and county) who were wrongfully fired because of disability, gender, age, or in violation of their civil rights; and
- Professionals and factory workers who were wrongfully terminated.
We also have experience guiding clients through issues involving:
- Family leave;
- Medical leave; and
- Separation and severance agreements
We are committed to pursuing and defending lawsuits when businesses and individuals find themselves in a dispute that only a lawsuit can resolve. We have successfully guided numerous clients through court cases that include the following issues:
- Breach of contract for services between business;
- Breach of contract in sale of foreign condominiums – large court verdict in favor of client;
- Breach of lease agreement – successful defense of claims against landlord;
- Breach of contract in sale of business (insurance, hotel, financial services);
- Successful defense against claims by insurance company requesting increase of work comp payments;
- Temporary restraining orders related to employees with non-compete agreements; and
- Construction Litigation.
We have experience representing individuals who have been charged with DUI/DWI, traffic offenses, assault, domestic assault, disorderly conduct, as well as more serious matters. We also have successfully obtained expungement of criminal records for clients.
We have assisted a great number of clients as they navigate the varied and difficult issues associated with divorce, child support and the need to obtain or defend against a restraining order. As lawyers who care about relationships and outcomes, we can be a source of steadiness and strength during times of extreme family stress.
Because we have practiced law for many years in a variety of settings, we have a broad range of experience that allows us to represent client who face unique and diverse issues. For example, we have:
- Successfully litigated and settled franchise disputes;
- Settled cases to obtained disability insurance for professionals;
- Settled disputes concerning property damage to condominium owners;
- Represented nonprofits and churches and settled their disputes with building contractors and architects
- Defended clients in consumer fraud cases
- Represented lawyers and other professionals accused of misconduct or ethical violations by their licensing boards.
Whatever your legal need, please contact us. We would welcome the opportunity to meet with you and provide you with a free consult where we can learn about each other and mutually determine whether our representation would be helpful for you.